What do Hair Extensions Cost?
So you have decided to invest in Long Hair Extensions, now the big question is, what do Hair Extensions Cost?
The prices of hair extensions can vary depending on what type of hair extension you get, how they are attached, how many extensions are required, the length etc.
Let’s look at some important information you need to consider and what questions you should be asking before you make your final decision.
6 Important Questions to Ask the Salon
- Do they use good quality Human Hair Extensions and what type of hair is it, Indian, Asian, European?
- Can you see a sample of the hair used and does the salon provide a written guarantee of the hair quality?
- Is the salon fully trained in Hair Extensions and how much experience have they had?
- Do they have pictures to show samples of their work?
- What methods do they use to attach the hair extensions?
- Are there any ongoing costs for maintenance, and caring for your extensions with brushing, washing, and styling? involved in the different methods?
How they are Attached, and What Do Hair Extensions Cost.
- Hair Weaving – The extensions are actually woven tightly into the strands of your own hair using a needle. The woven extensions may need to be tightened from time to time to keep them in place. Hair Weaves may range from $100 to $500, but higher quality Remy weaves can be up to $1000.
- Weft Style A weft style extension takes the shape of a curtain, these are machine made and come in all shapes, colors and sizes. The most popular weft is Clip on Extensions, which range in price from $100-$200 for a good set of Clip in Extensions.
- Hair Bonding Bond Extensions is a chemical process where the extensions are attached to individual strands of your own hair by a special glue. Depending on the quality of extensions and the stylist applying them, you can expect to pay between $300 -$1200.
- Fused Hair Fused hair extensions can be attached hot or cold using a gun applicator. The extensions have a chemical tip (Keratin Tip), and when the tip is applied it fuses to your hair. Fused Hair Extensions cost about the same as Fused Hair, between $300 -$1200.
- Tape Extensions Fast becoming the most popular hair extension method, 4cm wide extensions are attached to your own hair using the newest double sided tape. They last for approximately 6 weeks then the tape needs to be replaced, and cost around $150-$400.
Shop Discount Price Hair Extensions NowClip in Hair Extensions Tape in Hair Extensions Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions Micro Loop Hair Extensions Flip In Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions Cost can also be determined by how many extensions you have, the hair extension quality, whether you have half head, full head, and the length of the extensions, and your geographical location. So the best option is to make an appointment with the salon for a consultation.
At the consultation you can ask all your questions, make a list, the hairdresser can assess from your own hair the best options available for you and the costs involved.
Hair Extension Costs can range anywhere from $100 $1,200, so do your homework, shop around and take your time, make sure you are fully confident in the quality of the hair and the salon has a good reputation.
I know the old saying is you pay for what you get, but hair extensions are becoming increasingly popular, there is now huge competition in the market, which is therefore making the cost of extensions more affordable.